Australian home education research
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dmsroy
dmsroy

Professional Educators as homeschoolers article Empty Professional Educators as homeschoolers article

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:39 pm
As suggested by Rebecca

A paper on the experience of home educating as professional educators with full schedules. This paper takes a nuanced approach that challenges the two extremes commonly seen in popular and non academic publications. The misty-eyed, “it’s all so perfect all the time” and the “its too hard and it’s all going to pot” dichotomy we see.

Having spoken to many APs (Authorised Person) in NSW, they do find that a significant number of home school families have an educator in the family.

Anyway, this thread is to start the discussion on whom would like to contribute and develop a structure / questionnaire / theoretical perspective / methodology etc.
rebeccaenglish

Professional Educators as homeschoolers article Empty Re: Professional Educators as homeschoolers article

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:40 pm
I love this idea, can we do something with the AP data do you think? Does NSW collect that kind of data and could we access it?
dmsroy
dmsroy

Professional Educators as homeschoolers article Empty Re: Professional Educators as homeschoolers article

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm
NESA likes to give out as little as possible LOL. This was a informal discussion.

What I'll do is see what I can get at the next meeting.
rebeccaenglish

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:18 pm
Would we be able to publish from that data though? Do you reckon we could get ethics? I hate doing ethics apps and QUT is very s-l-o-w.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://aussiehomeedresearch.forumotion.com

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:05 pm
While I love the idea, I have my finger in so many pies at the moment I fear my time is limited and my brain spread very thin. But if we get a good team together and workload is really sustainable, I would be happy to join.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://aussiehomeedresearch.forumotion.com

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:21 pm
Any further thoughts on this project?
rebeccaenglish

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:43 pm
Not sure, who's in on this paper with me? I'm writing my performance review at the moment and need to list papers I'm working on with others.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum